COVID Update - Opening Day May 22/2021
Interior Whitewater is entering into its 39th season rafting on some of British Columbia’s most exciting rivers and is looking forward to welcoming guests back on May 22nd for another summer of fantastic trips on the Clearwater River in Wells Gray Park.
We have had several months to think about how we are best prepared to take on activities such as rafting amid the Covid-19 Global Pandemic to keep our employees and clients as safe as possible.
Because our activities take place in wide open areas we have been told by Public Health authorities that the risk is low but we still need to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus. We have shown the ability to manage risk over our 38
years on the Clearwater River in a very thorough and organized way and this summer amid the pandemic it will be no different for us. Managing risk is what IWE has always been good at.
Familiar Faces and Big Spaces seems to be the “Catch Phrase” at the moment and because of this we will be encouraging people to book in with your bubble group. This summer we are focusing on limiting the size of groups from 4-8 people. With large families we will simply add another raft. If you are unsure how this works you can simply give us a call to discuss.
What We Need You To Do:
- Do not come rafting if you are feeling sick and showing symptoms of Covid-19, have been in contact with someone who is sick or has Covid-19, or have been out of the country and have just returned in the last 14 days.
- Maintain physical distancing whenever possible and be ready to wear facial protection (mask or buff) when physical distancing is not possible. Masks will be available to purchase at our office.
- Regularly wash and sanitize your hands.
- Face coverings (mask or buff) will be used when we cannot maintain physical distancing. Be prepared to bring this with you but if you don’t have one-not to worry we will be selling these in our office for a minimal price.
- Book your trip with family members, friends, or people that are already in your bubble.
- Bring along some food and something to drink to store in your vehicle for after the trip.
- Bring personal hand sanitizer along if you have it.
- Because all of this is as new to us as it is to you try to be as patient as possible when dealing with our staff during the booking process, we will figure this out together.
What We Are Doing
- As one of the founding members of the British Columbia River Outfitters Association Interior Whitewater has helped develop and implement the Rafting Best Practices Code for Covid-19.
- Assessing on a daily basis all staffs health and as well as our guests prior to arrival.
- Extensive cleaning of all gear including lifejackets, wetsuits, helmets, busses, and any other hard surface that may have been touched.
- Enforcing physical distancing and the wearing of face coverings when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Procedural changes and monitoring to limit the number of people in the washrooms, change rooms and office for guests who need to enter these spaces. Physical barriers and distancing markers will be used.
- Thorough training of all staff members with our new policies, procedures, cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing protocols.
- Promoting social bubble rafting.
- Providing all of our staff with PPE for times they’re required to use it.
- Our cancellation policy is much more flexible for summer 2021 due to Covid-19. A full refund will be given (less a $5.00 per person processing fee) for any cancellations up to 72 hours prior to your trip. If you need to cancel your trip within 72 hours of your departure, a CREDIT will be given. The credit will be valid for 365 days from the date of cancellation.
If you need to reschedule your 2021trip, your re-booked trip date will be subject to our normal cancellation policy.
- Monitoring all changes to Covid-19 Guidelines and updating our policies as needed.
- Monitoring how our guests are checking in and doing our utmost to try to maintain physical distancing.